According to Dr White, the Corporation started with Dr Garrett and a “hand-shake” partnership. The Corporation developed into a combination of services from Gynecology, General Surgery and Thoracic and Cardiovascular surgery and procedures. Drs White, Shepard, Shirkey and Loughridge were chairman of the departments at St John, Hillcrest and St. Francis hospitals.

1932
D.L. Garrett, MD started the practice in February of 1932
1948
D.L. Garrett, MD and Harold A White, MD formed a partnership
1951
R.M. Shepard, MD joined the partnership with Garrett and White
1956
First Patent Ductus performed by Dr Robert Shepard
First Open Heart Surgery (before the pump) performed by Dr Robert Shepard at SJMC
1961
D.L. Garrett, MD retired (White and Shepard continued a partnership)
1965
A.L. Shirkey, MD joined White and Shepard in partnership
1966
Office located at 2021 S. Lewis in Tulsa, Oklahoma
1967
Under the direction of Harold White, MD, Surgery Inc. became one of the first medical practices in the state to be incorporated.
1969
B.P. Loughridge, MD joined Surgery, Inc.
1973
Dr White became the Administrator and Director at Surgery, Inc. and would slow down his practice.
1974
Shirkey and Loughridge resigned and started Cardiovascular Surgery, Inc.
John W. Phillips, Jr., MD joined the Practice
1977
Robert C. Melichar, MD joined the Practice
First Warren Shut done At SJMC by Dr Robert Melichar
1979
Harold A White, MD retired
1980
Edwin C. Yeary II, MD joined the Practice
1983
Moved the office to 1725 E 19th Street in Tulsa, Oklahoma
1984
Raymond A Zekauskas, MD joined the Practice
Robert M Shepard, MD retired
1990
Dr Robert Melichar performed the first laparoscopic surgery at SJMC
First Laparoscopic Gallbladder performed by Dr Robert Melichar at SJMC
1993
First Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication performed by Dr Robert Melichar at SJMC
1994
Timothy W Hepner, MD and Rocky M Morgan, MD joined the Practice
First Laparoscopic Esophageal Myotomy for Achalasia performed by Dr Robert Melichar at SJMC
2000
First Laparoscopic Partial Pancreatic Resection, performed by Dr Robert Melichar at SJMC
Justin T Atherton, MD joined the Practice
Susan A Rose, MD was added to assist the Surgeons at Surgery, Inc
The 1st Surgery Group to install Electronic Medical Records in the Northeast Region of Oklahoma
Surgery, Inc was awarded “Superior Performance” Award through MGMA
2002
Stephen D Bruns, MD joined the Practice
2006
Surgery, Inc started seeing patients in Owasso
2007
Surgery Inc adopted Francesca Villa for community outreach.
2008
Dr Melichar retires from Surgery, Inc. and goes to work at SJMC as the Quality Improvement Director
2009
Opened Office in Owasso
Patrick J Ross, MD started with Surgery, Inc.
2010
John Phillips, MD retired
2011
Lawrence Brotherton III, MD started at Surgery, Inc.